Abhijeet Sawant makes acting debut with Lottery


After Himesh Reshmmiya, Indian Idol winner and famous singer Abhijeet Sawant is all set to make his acting debut. His first film as an actor will be produce by a new production company called 3S Creation and will also be directed by a debutant director, Hemant Prabhu.

Titled Lottery , his debut film will be a romantic drama. Abhijeet informs that it was after watching his new album that Hemant approached him to cast for his film. "Since last two years I am getting offers for films but I was going through lot of scripts but then nothing came that interested me came my way. I liked this script and agreed to do it," says Abhijeet .

Director Hemant Prabhu has seven years experience in television serial direction and shows. When we got in touch with the director and asked him why he opted for Abhijeet, he confessed, "Abhijeet wasn't my first choice for this role. I approached Shreyas Talpade, but he is busy with prior commitments. I saw Abhijeet; he has a vulnerable face, and that's what I need for the reclusive character he'll be playing. We auditioned him and signed him for Lottery . He is young and can be molded well."

After Himesh, Abhijeet is going to be the next singer-actor. Will he be seen singing like Himesh? "No he will not play the role of a singer or composer in the film. You will not find him with any guitar. He will not be seen running around the trees but yes, he will be seen dancing in the movie," he quips.

Abhijeet is quite excited about his acting debut. Never having acted before, Abhijeet informs, "I always wanted to be singer and never thought I'd see myself in films. But I have been getting offers since the last two years. It is just that now I am thinking to take it up seriously. My acting workshop has already started."

Speaking about the film Lottery , director Hemant says, "It's a story of a young boy who comes to Bombay with a dream to make it big. He wants to be successful. He wants to be a crorepati . It's about his journey. We will commence shooting the film in December. There'll be two new actresses opposite Abhijeet."

The music of the film is being composed by Channa Vey.. fame Santokh Singh. Abhijeet will be the playback singer for all songs along with Sunidhi Chauhan and Shreya Ghoshal. He has already recorded one item number. Lottery will be shot entirely in Mumbai and will be ready by February. The film will hit the screens in March. ]

source: http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2551463.cms

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro