Jac to rock at ’Asian Idol’ contest

(From left) Mike of Indonesia, Jaclyn Victor, Phuong Vy of Vietnam, Mau Marcelo of the Philippines and Hady of Singapore are out to showcase their talents in the first-ever ‘Asian Idol’.
(From left) Mike of Indonesia, Jaclyn Victor, Phuong Vy of Vietnam, Mau Marcelo of the Philippines and Hady of Singapore are out to showcase their talents in the first-ever ‘Asian Idol’.

MALAYSIAN Idol winner and recording artiste Jaclyn Victor, 29, carries the hopes of the country when she participates in the first-ever Asian Idol next week.

Jaclyn said: “The Asian Idol is a good chance to show the world that Asia has talent. Perhaps Freemantle (the organiser) would want to turn more towards Asia.”

The Asian Idol also features winners from Indonesia, India, Singapore, Vietnam and the Philippines.

The show will be broadcast live to the six countries on Saturday at 9pm (10pm Kuala Lumpur time).

Viewers will vote for the winner. The number to call will be announced later.
Jaclyn said she was excited to be among the top talents in Asia.

“The people here are talented. I am happy to be with them and I know I will learn from them. I am not going to rate my chances in the competition because it could go in any way.”

She said was nervous about the big day.

“I am going to control my nerves and turn it into positive energy in my performance next week.”

Dressed in jeans and sequinned print blouse, she looked trendy and poised when she took to the stage with the other contestants for a press preview yesterday.

She sang George Benson’s Masquerade. The reporters broke into applause.



Vietnam Idol Phuong Vy, 20, stunned the room as her voice was strong yet expressive.

Indonesian Idol Mike, 24, lost 8kg for the competition.



“I lost the weight in two months. I now weigh 112kg.



“This helps me to sing better in terms of breathing and projecting my voice.”

But Mike’s love for food is mirrored in his hospitality; he plans to take his Idol friends to taste the food here.

He said: “I want to take them to try traditional food, Sundanese food and bakso (meatballs) noodles.”

Singapore is represented by Hady Miza while the Philippines sent Mau Marcelo.

India is represented by Abhijeet, a singer with Bollywood looks.


source: http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Sunday/National/20071209151225/Article/index_html

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro