Meet Hady Mirza

source: www.singaporeidol.com (Singapore Idol 2, 2006)

Age: 26
Occupation: -
Star Sign: Aquarius
Favourite singers: Robbie Williams, Babyface, Boys 2 Men, Zainal Abidin, Peter Cetera

When did you first start to sing?
I started singing when I was about 8.

Why do you like singing?

I like it because music has so much passion in it, be it whatever genre. It has the power to allow your feelings to be expressed. When I sing, I become one with the music and therefore I'm able to express myself freely.

If you couldn't sing, which talent would you most like to have?
I would have really liked to become a professional soccer player.

Do you have any rituals or things you must do each time you perform?
None... But I occasionally throw up because of nerves.

How do you maintain your voice?
Lots of sleep and water.

If you were to describe yourself with one song, what would it be and why?
‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ by Queen. Because the song has lots of different parts and arrangements, different flows of feelings and a beautiful ending.

List some things you are good at doing.
I’m good at ball games, entertaining guests at my house and making scrambled eggs.

Use three words to describe yourself.
Simple, strong-willed, stubborn.

Describe your bedroom.
Bare necessities: bed, cable TV, PC, wardrobe. And a big mirror.

Which is the most memorable thing you’ve ever done for your dad/mum?
I bought both of them anniversary presents and treated them to a steamboat dinner.

What is your fondest recent memory?
When I went for a month's holiday in Europe (Amsterdam, Switzerland, France, Germany). Best time of my life.

What is your worst recent memory?
My grandfather's passing away.

What inspires you?
Life itself.

Have you experienced failure before?
I failed to get through the first audition of Talentime in 2001. I chose the wrong song to sing and was a bit overconfident. I was really disappointed that i wasn't selected. It was a lesson to be learned.

If you can be anyone in the world, who would you choose to be? Why?
David Beckham. Because he's getting paid doing what he loves, has a beautiful family and he's the captain of the England national soccer team!

If you were granted three wishes, what would you wish for? Why?
All the wars to end… it's no joke watching the news and seeing horrible things happen to people around the world. The power to turn back time as a lot of things can be redone a better way. A money-growing tree.

What made you join this competition?
To realise my dream of becoming an entertainer and open up more opportunities in future.

Who is your favourite judge, and why?
Ken Lim is my favourite judge. He knows for certain what he means when he says something. And people listen to him. Respect.

If you win, whom would you thank first?
I would thank my mom for believing in me.

Who is your idol?
Taufik Batisah.

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro