Screen idol?

For all those critiquing Indian Idol to dust, you haven’t heard the last word yet. Abhijeet Sawant, Mumbai boy turned Indian Idol numero uno, is now going to act in a film.

The crooner who was recently in the news for his second album, junoon, is only too happy. Why the change in gear from music to movies? “I love surprising myself,” he says, “By pursuing something new and different all the time.”

Sawant will be seen playing the lead in a company called 3S Creation’s romantic thriller, Lottery, that will be directed by television director Hemant Prabhu. Prabhu has to his credit serials like Kundali (Star Plus) and Kanyadaan (Sony). “Hemant gave me a call after he saw me in my Junoon video and thought I would be apt for the role.” The film will start shooting in December and will release in April 2008. The story revolves around an ordinary accountant and an experience that changes his life forever. “I agreed to the film as I enjoyed the story and the script is very crisp,” adds Sawant. Making a debut along with him is Santokh Singh, the music composer from the Channa vey fame. “I know Singh since ages as I sang Channa vey song for him. We’ve always shared a great rapport together and we our both doing our first film together. I already know the music will be rocking,” he laughs.

Sawant is singing all the songs himself, with Sunidhi Chauhan and Shreya Ghoshal giving him company on the mic, but he is still wondering which actress will be paired opposite him. Ask him whom he would want to share screen space with and he smiles, “I would love to select the actress but it depends completely on the director.”

A new album and the film’s rehearsals await. And so does one lucky gal.

source; http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Screen-idol/241892/

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro